If you have questions about the Extension Master Gardener program, you can email us at NSVMGAnews@gmail.com.
If you have questions about garden related issues you can call or email your local county help lines, listed below.
The Northern Shenandoah Valley Master Gardener Association offers free help to area homeowners through our “Ask a Master Gardener” Help Desks. Contact the volunteers in any of our five counties and they will research and answer your gardening-related questions. You can show us pictures to help with identifying plants and diagnosing plant diseases and/or pests. Master Gardener volunteers will share the latest research-based care advice for lawns, trees, shrubs, and vegetables, as well as promote safe use of pesticides and fertilizers to help protect water quality and the environment.
County “Ask A Master Gardener” Contacts:
- Drop-off location and hours: VCE Office, 524 Westwood Rd., Berryville, VA; Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
- E-mail: NSVMGAnews@gmail.com (include “Clarke County Gardening Question” in the subject line)
- Phone: 540-955-5164
- Clarke County Farmers Market: Second Saturday of each month, May–October, 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Location: VCE Office, 107 North Kent Street, Winchester, VA
- Help Desk Hours: Every Wednesday, 10 a.m.–Noon
- E-mail: GreenHelpLine.FrederickCo@gmail.com
- Phone: 540-665-5699
- Winchester Farmers Market: Third Saturday of each month, April–October, 9 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Drop-off location and hours: VCE Office, 215 W. Main St., Suite C, Stanley, VA; Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- E-mail: NSVMGAnews@gmail.com (include “Page County Gardening Question” in the subject line)
- Phone: 540-778-5794
- Plant Clinic at Massanutten Country Corner: Second and Fourth Saturdays of each month, April–October, 9 a.m.–Noon
- Location: VCE Office and Classroom, Shenandoah County Government Center, 600 N. Main St., Suite 100, Woodstock, VA
- Help Desk Hours: First and third Fridays of each month, April through October, 9 a.m. –Noon; First Fridays in November and December, 9 a.m.–Noon
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 540-459-6140
- South Street Barn Farmers Market: Last Saturday of each month, June–September, 8:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
- Strasburg Farmers Market: Alternating Saturdays, April–October, 8:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
- Location: VCE Office, Warren County Government Center, 220 N. Commerce Ave., Suite 500, Front Royal, VA
- Help Desk Hours: First Monday of the month, April through October, 10 a.m. –1 p.m.
- E-mail: GreenHelpLine.WarrenCo@gmail.com
- Phone: 540-635-4549
NSVMGA 2023 Board of Directors:
- President: Jenn Flitton Adams
- Vice President: Karen Leonard
- Treasurer: Alan Rogers
- Secretary: Julie Edmonds
- Past President: Elaine Specht
- VCE Agent: Mark Sutphin
- Volunteer Master Gardener Coordinator: Kathy Doyle
- County Coordinators:
- Clarke: Joan Newman
- Frederick: Carole Belkin, Tammi Loving
- Page: Lesley Mack
- Shenandoah: Mary Jane Korrigan
- Warren: Susan Matyuf
- Standing Committee Chairs:
- Communications and Publicity: Lynn Hoffmann
- Education Adventures: Misa Mulroney
- Finance: Alan Rogers
- Membership: Barbara Bosserman
- Newsletter: Joyce Watson
- Program: Karen Leonard
- Scholarship: Lynn Hoffmann
- Volunteer Coordination: Kathy Doyle
All members of the board may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.