The Northern Shenandoah Valley Master Gardener Association sponsors a day of VCE educational offerings each spring. The Gardening in the Valley Symposium provides a range of speakers on gardening subjects, as well as garden vendors, book sales, and door prizes. In addition, it counts as continuing education credit for Extension Master Gardeners.
Thank you for joining us at the Gardening in the Valley Symposium on March 7, 2020.
Topics for 2020 included:
- Organics: Origins, Definitions, and How Organic are the Products You Buy? By Karin French, USDA Training Office
- Big Dreams, Small Garden: Creating the Extraordinary in Your Ordinary Space. By Marianne Willburn, Author and Journalist
- Medicinal Plants: How to Use Them in Your Home in Everyday Items. By Wendell Combest, Shenandoah University Professor of Biopharmaceutical Sciences; View his presentation.
- Best Practices for Small Farms: Making a Living by Growing Crops & Raising Livestock. By Tyler and Angel Wakeman of the fifth generation family farm Valley Roots Farm
- Native Plants: Attracting Butterflies with Flora Local to the Shenandoah Valley. By Stacey Morgan Smith, VCE Master Gardener
All proceeds from the Symposium benefit the NSVMGA Memorial Scholarship Fund.