GardenFest, a day of gardening fun, education, and shopping, is typically held held the first Saturday in June at Belle Grove Plantation.
Scheduled events typically include:
- Master Gardener Plant Sale – Purchase mature shrubs, houseplants, perennials, and more. Most are less than $5 each.
- Hands-on Workshops – Get crafty making garden wreaths, creating flower art, and learning about native bee houses.
- “Second Hand Rose” Rummage Sale – Shop for gently used gardening items at a great price.
- Master Gardener Tool Sharpening – Drop off tools, watch experienced sharpeners, and pick up your items before you leave.
- Children’s Activities – Give your kids an opportunity to learn more about gardening and nature.
- Animals – Visit with llamas and goats. Watch police or sheep dogs in action-packed demonstrations.
- Teaching-Garden Tours – Walk through the Belle Grove teaching garden with the Master Gardener Volunteers who know it best.
- Gardening Vendors – Shop from a variety of quality plant vendors and other gardening-related booths.
- Nonprofit Information Booths – Learn about some of the nonprofit groups that serve the Shenandoah Valley.
- Food – Grab lunch or snacks offered by several vendors.
- Master Gardener Information Booth – Get answers to your gardening questions or learn about joining the Master Gardener program.
GardenFest is hosted by Virginia Cooperative Extension and Belle Grove Plantation and sponsored and coordinated by the Northern Shenandoah