Gardening in the Shenandoah Valley Symposium 2018
Introductory paragraph under title: VCE and Northern Shenandoah Valley Master Gardener Association bring a day of gardening talks to Winchester. This year’s Gardening in the Valley Symposium” offers educational talks on a variety of horticulture topics. Flyer available here.
Saturday, March 3, 2018.
Check-in begins at 8:00 AM. The symposium is scheduled to end at 4:00 PM.
Hester Auditorium located in Henkel Harris Hall on the Shenandoah University Campus, 1460 University Drive, Winchester, Virginia 22601. Parking is available near the location, as well as in the nearby covered parking deck.
About the Event
This year’s day of education returns to Shenandoah University. Registration includes a continental breakfast and lunch, the opportunity to mingle with speakers, the chance to win door prizes, and shopping with vendors.
Speakers’ Topics are:
- Seed Saving Hints with Ira Wallace of Southern Exposure Seed Exchange;
- Growing and Cooking with Chinese Vegetables with Wendy Kiang-Spray, author of Chinese Kitchen Gardens;
- Solitary Pollinators with Tim McCoy, Extension Associate from Virginia Tech;
- Farm to Table with Sandy Lerner, businesswoman, co-founder of Cisco, and leader in the Shenandoah Valley Farm to Table Initiative; and
- Design and Plant Ideas from World Garden Tours with Robert McDuffie, Landscape Architect-ASLA and Virginia Tech Emeritus Associate Professor.
Registration is $65 by PayPal or credit card. Register now!!
NSVMGA members can also pay treasurer.
Contact Lynn Hoffmann at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
This VCE hosted educational event is sponsored by NSVMGA.