If you have gardening questions about the Extension Master Gardener program, you can email us at email@example.com.
If you have questions about garden related issues you can call or email your local county help lines, listed below.
The Northern Shenandoah Valley Master Gardener Association offers free help to area homeowners through our virtual Help Lines, or Greenlines, and in-person Help Desks. Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardener Volunteers in each of our five counties are available to answer gardening-related questions.
For over 20 years, NSVMGA volunteers have helped citizens with plant and gardening questions. Homeowners are encouraged to contact their county volunteers by phone, email, or in person to get help identifying plants and diagnosing plant diseases and/or pests.
Master Gardener volunteers also can share the latest research-based care advice for lawns, trees, shrubs, and vegetables, as well as promote safe use of pesticides and fertilizers to help protect water quality and the environment.
County Greenline / Help Desk Contacts:
- Phone: 540-955-5164
- Location: VCE Office, Clarke County Government Building, 101 Chalmers Court, Second Floor, Suite B, Berryville, VA 22611
- Question Drop-Off Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5pm
- Phone: 540-665-5699
- Email: GreenHelpLine.FrederickCo@gmail.com
- Location: VCE Office, 107 North Kent Street, Winchester, VA 22601
- In-Office Hours: During the growing season, stop in every Wednesday, 10am – 1pm. Call or email to reach us from November 27th through March 4th.
- Where else to find us: We plan to be at the Old Town Farmer’s Market, Loudoun Street Mall, Winchester, every Saturday, 9am-1pm, May-September
- Phone: 540-778-5794
- Location: VCE Office, 215 West Main Street, Suite C, Stanley, VA 22851
- Question Drop-Off Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Phone: 540-459-6140
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: VCE Office and Classroom, Shenandoah County Government Center, 600 North Main Street, Suite 100, Woodstock, VA 22664
- In-Office Hours: 1st Friday of the month, 9am-12pm during the growing season. Call or email during winter.
- Where Else to Find Us: Strasburg Farmers Market and South Street Barn Market in Woodstock , 4th Saturday, 9am – 12pm, April – October
- Phone: 540-635-4549
- Location: VCE Office, Warren County Government Center, 220 N Commerce Ave, Suite 500, Front Royal, VA 2263
- In-Office Hours: Mondays, 10am – 1pm, April – October,
- Email: GreenHelpLine.WarrenCo@gmail.com
- Where Else to Find Us: 1st Saturday from 9 am – 12 pm at Southern States Front Royal during the growing season.
NSVMGA 2019 Board of Directors:
- President: Bob Gail
- Vice President: Carolyn Rutherford
- Treasurer: Sue Rogers
- Secretary: Sandy Ward
- Past President: Cy Haley
- VCE Agent: Mark Sutphin
- Volunteer Master Gardener Coordinator: Cy Haley
- County Coordinators:
- Clarke: Ann Levi
- Frederick: Mary Turner
- Page: Lesley Mack
- Shenandoah: Roz McIntosh & Kathy Doyle
- Warren: Cy Haley, Acting
- Standing Committee Chairs:
- Communications and Publicity: Lynn Hoffmann
- Education: Carolyn Rutherford
- Finance: Sue Rogers
- Membership: Ginny Smith
- Newsletter: Stacey Smith
- Program: Carolyn Rutherford
- Scholarship: Lynn Hoffmann
- Volunteer Coordination: Cy Haley
All members of the board may be contacted at email@example.com